100% Anhydrous Citric Acid 25kg | Food Grade
Our multi-purpose 25kg Citric Acid has natural preservative properties. It is easily soluble in water and is GMO Free.
Citric acid is a naturally occurring, weak organic acid found in lemons, oranges and other citrus fruit. It is also a normal component of human cells that is metabolised, degraded, and eliminated from the body.
Citric Acid is a key ingredient in the food and beverage industry. It can be used as a preservative or can be added to food for an acidic or sour taste. In addition to this, it has a number of other uses and benefits…
Health & Beauty
- Kidney Stones: Citric acid prevents the formation of kidney stones and ensures proper functioning of the kidneys. This is thanks to its ability to chelate calcium. This can be achieved by drinking lemonade which contains CA.
- Nausea: Citric acid can quickly and effectively reduce nausea by reducing gastric acidity.
- Sore Throat: Citric acid can be a great help for tonsillitis. Gargling a mixture of citric acid and water will clear bacteria from the throat. The germs that are causing the infection will be killed.
- Antioxidant: As an antioxidant, citric acid may be able to neutralise the damaging effects of free radicals.
- Mineral Absorption: Specialists say that the citric acid associates itself with minerals and metals easily. This trait accelerates mineral absorption into the body.
- Cosmetics: Citric acid is a common ingredient found in face packs and skin products. It can help the regeneration of skin tissue and slow down the ageing process.
- Pigmentation: Using a cream rich in citric acid will help with uneven skin colour.
- Bath Bombs: Citric Acid can be used with Sodium Bicarbonate to produce the basis of any bath bomb.
Despite its many health benefits, it is important that you avoid citric acid without first consulting a doctor. Citric acid supplementation can cause a variety of side effects, including vomiting, diarrhoea and stomach pain.
- Flavouring: Citric acid adds flavour to food giving it a sour taste. It is also used in both soft and alcoholic drinks.
- Food Production: It strengthens the gelatin in jams. It also slows down the oxidation process in fruits by combining itself with the naturally present metals and preventing their discolouration. Hence why when you squeeze lemon juice onto sliced avocado it prevents it from turning brown. Citric acid is also used in cheese making. It helps create the proper environment for the enzyme activity in the cheese-making process. It can also be used when making ice cream, as it helps the fat cells in dairy separate.
- Cleaning & Descaling: Citric acid is an excellent bonding agent which helps bind metals. It can be used to remove limescale from kettles and boilers.
- Pest Control: Citric acid is known to have the ability to destroy bacteria, mould, viruses and rust. It can therefore be used in the production of pesticides, insecticides and fungicides.
- Alcohol Production: Ideal for home brewing. Citric acid can be added to wine if the grapes used have low acidity. As a result, it improves the overall taste. When manufacturing beer, citric acid reduces the sugar loss from the barley as it germinates. Therefore, more of the sugar turns to alcohol.
- Medicine: Citric acid is used in the making of medicinal products. It is combined with sodium bicarbonate for medicines such as Alka-Seltzer.
Store at room temperature in a cool, dry place.