Elixir Gardens | Bumper Crop High Nitrogen Fertiliser – 28 – 7 -14
- A superior high nitrogen fertiliser produced from high quality raw materials and to rigid quality assurance standards.
- Great for early season growing, leafy plants, Bedding Plants, Lawns, Sweet peas, Greenhouse Plants, Roses, Begonias, Shrubs & Trees, Fuchsias & Leek & Onions.
- Magnesium, which is vital for quality crop production, is incorporated into the fertiliser with Chelated micronutrients to ensure stable solutions and availability to the plant.
- Completely and readily soluble, even in cold water!
- Apply at only 0.5 – 1 gram per litre! A very potent and cost effective feed that will last you a whole season from a small amount!
For vigorous and accelerated leaf and vegetative growth. Especially useful early season to give plants and lawns a boost and for:
Bedding Plants, Lawns, Sweet peas, Greenhouse Plants, Roses, Begonias, Shrubs & Trees, Fuchsias & Leek & Onions
Most flowering plants and root vegetables should be changed to higher potash and phosphate feeds as growth progresses.
Use as an all year round feed for green and leafy subjects.
Rate of Use –
The standard rate is 1g / litre of water. However this can vary anywhere between 0.5g / litre – 2g / litre. Use the lower rates for sensitive plants, such as pot plants under glass. The higher rates should be used on rapidly growing plants in outdoor soils.
The blue plastic spoon supplied with each pack holds ~5 grams of Feed. Enough for a typical 5 litre / 1 gallon watering can.
Do not exceed 2g / litre.
Liquid Feed Application:
Used in the same way as other water-soluble fertilisers. Feed is usually applied via a normal watering can. Simply add the appropriate amount of Feed to the can, add water and apply liberally to the plant root area. A very approximate guide is 5litres / square metre.
Feed is best applied as a liquid feed whilst the plant is actively growing. Ideally alongside watering.
Plants are designed to take up nutrients through their roots, but most nutrients can be absorbed through the leaves. Foliar feeding can give crops a valuable boost. Particularly if the root system is not functioning well due to drought, disease or pest attack and other stress factors.
Feed can be applied to plants foliage via a hand or knapsack sprayer or similar equipment.
Whilst using a sprayer the following points should be observed:
• The sprayer should be fitted with a nozzle(s) that produce a fine mist.
• Only sufficient spray solution should be applied to coat the leaves and stems with a film of moisture with little or no “run-off”.
• Spraying should be carried out on a calm day, but not during strong sunshine or high temperatures. The best time is late afternoon or evening.
• If rain is imminent, spraying should be postponed. If rain falls within 4 hours of spraying, the crop should be re-sprayed 3 or 4 days later.
For application via hose-end diluters, please refer to the device manufacturer’s directions for use.
If you are in an area with acute hard water, Soluble NPK fertilisers can dry on the leaves and leave unsightly residues.
Rate of Use:
Prepare a 0.05 – 0.1% (0.5 – 1.0 g / litre) solution and apply to coat the leaves and stems with a thin film of moisture, with little or no “run-off”. Do not exceed a 1g / litre concentration.
4:1:2 NPK + Magnesium + Trace Elements
|Total nitrogen (N)||28.0|
|Nitrate nitrogen (N)||2.7|
|Ammoniacal nitrogen (N)||–|
|Ureic nitrogen (N)||25.1|
|Phosphorus pentoxide (P2O5)||6.9(P:3.1)|
|Potassium oxide (K2O)||13.9(K:11.5)|
|Magnesium oxide (MgO)||2.9(Mg:1.7)|
|Boron (as polyborate)||0.025%|
|Copper (as EDTA)||0.010%|
|Iron (as EDTA)||0.175%|
|Manganese (as EDTA)||0.060%|
|Molybdenum (as molybdate)||0.005|
Calculated EC at 1 gram per litre 0.6117 mS