Elixir Gardens® Lawn Moss Killer | 9.45% Ferrous Sulphate Lawn Tonic | 25kg treats over 715m² / 860yd²
Contains 31.5% ferrous sulphate (9.45% Fe)
• Elixir Moss Killer is perfect for moss removal from your lawn, we strongly advise against using this on surfaces such as, wooden and paved patios.
• Recommended application rate is 35g per square meter. From September to April.
• Contains 31.5% Ferrous Sulphate which is effective at killing moss on your lawn. Also contains 1% Nitrogen ideal for sustaining grass during treatment.
• Elixir Moss Killer can be mixed with other fertilisers in small quantities to prevent moss growth on healthy lawns.
• High levels of Iron keeps grass green year round
Our Moss Killer is perfect for use on moss, on grassed spaces. We would expect to see result from the moss killer within 3 to 4 weeks when scarification is being performed.
This Moss Killer is tailor made for killing and blackening moss. Whilst also giving your grass a dose of iron (Fe), which will help leave grass looking much greener. Regular use will also prevent moss from re-infesting your lawn, leaving it a rich Green year-round.
Elixir Moss Killer nutritional advantages:
Nitrogen 1% – This helps to gently feed but not over stimulate growth, Giving a small boost to the early growth of your grass.
31.5% Ferrous Sulphate containing 9.45% Iron (Fe) – High Levels of Iron in the soil makes the soil toxic to moss, whilst Grass will use Iron to create new Chlorophyll, making the grass take on a richer Green Coloration. This acidifies the soil making it less hospitable to mosses, whilst grass is able to survive in acidic soil.
Product Absorbs water Easily, Store Far away from moisture.
Wear Gloves at all times when handling the product or any dilute mixtures.
Keep Pets off treated areas for at least a week, Horses must be kept off for at least 4 weeks and not allowed to graze treated areas.
Our application recommendation is to start applying at 35g m² in early April, and continue to apply a 2nd treatment 3 – 4 weeks later. This can also be used in combination with general fertilisers in order to prevent Moss from cropping up on your lawn.
RHS recommend the application of an Iron(Fe) Sulphate Moss Killer to take place in autumn or spring. Then waiting 2 – 3 weeks for before Scarification to remove the blackened moss.
We supply our Moss Killer in bags as well as reusable tubs in sizes up to 25kg.
Moss Killers may not work effectively on dry lawns, or during Droughts and Freezing Conditions