Jiffy Grow Blocks | Organic Coir (Peat Free) Seed Propagation
Jiffy Grow Blocks are used by professional and amateur growers around the world for an array of applications. It’s a clean, cost-effective rooting medium well suited to the propagation of many different crops. Hydroponic growers tend to favour Grow Blocks. They typically have the best germination rates. This is largely due to the natural properties of coir. It provides a beneficial environment for bacteria and encourages a diverse microbial eco-system.
Coir Grow Blocks are easy to re-hydrate, ready for use by hand, or during the normal irrigation cycle.
Coir improves the air-porosity of soil, ideal for propagation of crops under stressful conditions. To aid in the re-hydration of your Coir grow blocks, Jiffy has incorporated a specially designed wetting agent into their design.
Jiffy manufacture Grow Blocks entirely from coir pith (coconut fibres); a by-product of the coconut industry. Coir Grow Blocks are environmentally friendly and sustainable.
How To Use:
- Put the blocks in a planting tray, pot or seed tray of appropriate size.
- Soak the block with lukewarm water and pour off any excess water.
- Sow seeds or plant cuttings, and position the trays in a bright place.
- Take care to avoid frost, and gradually expose the sprouts to the sun.
- Never over-water them, or let them dry out.
- When watering them, make sure to water thoroughly.
- To protect the sensitive roots make sure to completely cover the Jiffy coir grow block in the flower bed, or pot that you are using when planting them.
The measurements provided in this listing are the size Grow Blocks reach when re-hydrated.
Jiffy continuously test and upgrade to conform to the highest greenhouse quality standards for customers.
We are an authorised dealer for Jiffy Products. Please be aware of cheap imitations, as the results you will get from them when growing and propagating will not be the same as the genuine article.
Numbers advertised represent the average package content
In our drive to offer the most competitive prices possible and to maximise efficiencies, many small items are weighed rather than counted e.g. 100 x 4” plant labels or 300 x jiffy pellets etc. For the most part this method is successful and delivers the accurate number, however on occasion actual numbers received may be plus or minus a small amount. In this situation we will not be able to send any perceived missing items or expect any to be returned.
Find our range of JIFFY products here.