Jiffy Grow-blocks | Organic Coir (Peat Free) Hydroponic Compost Seed Propagation
Our range of genuine Jiffy coir grow blocks are used by professional and amateur growers around the world for an array of applications. Jiffy is a clean, cost-effective rooting medium well suited to the propagation of many different crops. They are favoured by hydroponic growers and have been proven to have the best germination rates.
These coir grow blocks are easily re-hydrated, ready for use by hand, or during the normal irrigation cycle.
Due to the nature of Coir, this range improves the air-porosity of soil, ideal for propagation of crops under stressful conditions, as well as crops that may require a higher level of air-porosity, such as those that are often grown on the verge of drought conditions. Crops such as Poinsettias that are well-suited to the medium can be kept turgid with high volumes of water without water-logging. To aid in the re-hydration of your Coir grow blocks Jiffy has incorporated a specially designed wetting agent into their design.
The coir grow block range is manufactured entirely from coir pith, made from coconut fibres; a by-product of the coconut industry. Making these coir products environmentally friendly.
How To Use
- Put the blocks in a planting tray, pot or seed tray of appropriate size.
- Soak the block with lukewarm water and pour off any excess water.
- Sow seeds or plant cuttings, and position the trays in a bright place.
- Take care to avoid frost, and gradually expose the sprouts to the sun.
- Never over-water them, or let them dry out.
- When watering them, make sure to water thoroughly.
- To protect the sensitive roots make sure to completely cover the Jiffy coir grow block in the flower bed, or pot that you are using when planting them.
We ask you to also bear in mind the measurements provided in this listing are the size they reach when the grow blocks are re-hydrated.
Jiffy continuously test and upgrade to conform to the highest greenhouse quality standards for customers.
We are an authorised dealer for Jiffy Products. Please be aware of cheap imitations, as the results you will get from them when growing and propagating will not be the same as the genuine article.