Westland Organic No Hormone Rooting Powder 100g
Rooting powder is used when taking cuttings to encourage root growth after planting. This increases the chances that the cuttings will take root when you plant them.
Westland Organic Rooting Powder contains no synthetic growth hormones or fungicides, as are found in other manufactured rooting powders.
How to use Westland organic rooting powder:
- For best results when using this product, stand soft stem cuttings in water for ½ an hour before using the powder. Leave hard-wood cuttings in water overnight before using the powder.
- Make a hole in a suitable free draining compost, using horticultural grit is also advised.
- Dip the end of the cutting in the powder and then place the cutting into the hole.
- Cover the cuttings with glass or polythene and place somewhere light, but out of direct sunlight.
- Keep the leaves of the cutting moist. Strong roots should appear in a few weeks.
The powder contains various natural plant hormones that stimulate root growth to allow for higher success of cuttings. These hormones include:
- Auxins – to encourage root growth.
- Gibberellins – to encourage flowering, and growth of larger fruits and leaves.
- Cytokinins – To aid with cell division and differentiation.
- Abscisic acid – inhibits other hormones during stressful periods.