Jiffy 7-C Coir Pellets | Organic & Peat Free | Hydroponic Seed Propagation Plugs
Jiffy 7-C Coir Pellets are used by professional growers around the world, for an array of uses. They’re a cost-effective, clean rooting medium, well suited to the propagation of many crops. Jiffy-7C pellets have been a best seller amongst professional growers and hydroponic growers, due to their condensed size. They are made coir, which is made from coconut piths and are a renewable resource.
Growers who use jiffy often comment that their seedlings and cuttings will start sprouting after 2 days. A product of the extensive testing that jiffy products have been through.
Below is a table of the sizes of pellet that we offer and their hydrated/de-hydrated dimensions.
|Available Size||De-hydrated Dimensions||Hydrated Dimensions|
|30mm x 38mm||25mm x 15mm||30mm x 38mm|
|35mm x 38mm||30mm x 15mm||35mm x 38mm|
|45mm x 42mm||40mm x 12mm||45mm x 42mm|
Keep in mind that for optimal use, the pellets must be hydrated before seedlings or cuttings are planted inside them.
How to use Jiffy-7C pellets:
Jiffy pellets are easy to use. Find our general how-to guide below:
- Put the pellets in a planting tray, pot or seed tray of appropriate size.
- Soak the pellets with lukewarm water and pour off any excess water.
- Sow seeds or plant cuttings, and position the trays in a bright place.
- Take care to avoid frost, and gradually expose the sprouts to the sun.
- Never over-water them, or let them dry out.
- When watering them make sure to water thoroughly.
- To protect the sensitive roots make sure to completely cover the Jiffy-7C pellet in the flower bed, or pot that you are using when planting them.
We are an authorised dealer for Jiffy products. Always be aware of cheap imitations, as the results you will get from them when growing and propagating will not be the same as the genuine article.
Numbers advertised represent the average package content
In our drive to offer the most competitive prices possible and to maximise efficiencies, many small items are weighed rather than counted e.g. 100 x 4” plant labels or 300 x jiffy pellets etc. For the most part this method is successful and delivers the accurate number, however on occasion actual numbers received may be plus or minus a small amount. In this situation we will not be able to send any perceived missing items or expect any to be returned.
Find our range of JIFFY products here.